Blogging my way through wedding planning, crafts, life and all the unexpected events in between.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Painted Rug

I've been at it again today.  My plans got changed and I ended up with some free time so I tackled a project I've been DYING to get to all month.

I follow the super amazing blog UCreate and each month they have a "Craft with Me" project.  This month was PAINTED RUGS.  The pictures she posts are amazing.  Swoon-worthy craftiness all over rugs.

I knew I wanted to get my craft on and paint a rug, but I was also alarmed by the thought of PAINTING A RUG.  lol.

I didn't take any before pictures because I didn't really know how it would turn out, but here's the finished project:

I took the grimy, old rug that was in the house when me moved in and painted it the color of our living room. HAHA Mr. ST I got my own set of tools out, opened the gallllllon of paint, painted a rug and YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I DID IT! :-P

I used my Cricut to cut out the flip flop template and I pined it to the rug to keep it in place.  I then used a cheap-o foam brush and stenciled in the flops with some regular old craft paint.
I also used the Cricut to cut out the Welcome letters from the Life's a Beach Cartridge.

The rug was missing something so I also added some starfish that, again, I cut out with the Cricut.

This was a RIDICULOUSLY easy craft and one that EVERYONE can do.  

I can hear what you're thinking... 'Great, amazing, fabulous rug and all, but this has nothing to do with weddings...' YOU ARE WRONG!  Think about painting a personalized RUG to use in the ceremony, or for the reception during cocktail hour.  SWWWOOOOONING.  I've got some Wedding Rug Ideas already flowing! 


2 comments:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

love it! i feel like everyone has a cricut now. i need one but they're so pricey!

Tiff For Tat said...

So perfect and cute..where would you put for your ceremony? Would you and Mr. ST stand on it during the ceremony..or have a welcome at the beginning of the aisle for your guests??