Blogging my way through wedding planning, crafts, life and all the unexpected events in between.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Time flies

So last I left you, it was our engage-iversary.  I had planned to make mini burritos for a late snack when Mr. ST got home. Well, during the day the doorbell rang - I had a delivery!

You can't see the card very well, but it says: "Thanks for saying YES"  - made my heart melt.  LOVE HIM.

They are sooooo pretty.  And I'm not a huge flower person either, but I loooove them.  And a week later and they still look the same.  The secret?  Change the water every two days and add a bit of sugar.  Keeps the flowers looking AMAZING. :-)

This last week was busy with last minute preparations for BFF and MOH NM's suprise baby shower.  I made the 40+ cupcake display.  It was hard work - especially hiding it all from her! I'll have a post about more of the fabulous baby things later. ;-)



Even one of the dogs got in on the fun. He is a silllly puppy wearing the soon to be here baby SM's tutu.  He did kinda like wearing it.  haha.  
 He's also here to help me share a VERY big surprise that I've been DYING TO SHARE WITH YOU!!!

I GOT A JOB!!! 

 I'll be starting a full-time job for this coming school year.  I am beyond excited and nervous and everything else in between.  It's been an AMAZING week so far.  So I appologize now if the blog posts are few in the next few weeks - I'll be starting a new job, in a new district with alllll new curriculum - so it's going to be a big adjustment. It's so nice to know I won't be on unemployment any longer, and the most important thing: it's going to make wedding planning JUST a tad bit more fun because money won't be as big ( but still a tiny bit) of a worry now. :-) Hope everyone else is enjoying the end of summer!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats on the job!! Glad to hear you found something, teaching can be rough these days! Good luck!

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

congratulations on the job!!! that is awesome! btw, mathew and i were cracking up at your dog picture. too funny!

Sharon said...

Congrats on the job! And those flowers are so beautiful. How sweet and thoughtful of your fiance :)

Stacy said...

Congrats on the new job! I completely understand the emotions of being excited and nervous all at the same time, because I just start a new job last week. Good Luck! You'll do great!

Tiff For Tat said...

Yay congrats on the new job, you deserve it girl, you'll be a wonderful teacher!! Those cup cakes look to die for..YUMMY!!

Saying I do said...

congrats on the new job and congrats on the engage-aversary!