Blogging my way through wedding planning, crafts, life and all the unexpected events in between.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Walk in my Wedding Shoes part 3

We all remember this post where I wax poetic* about my love of shoes.  Then I got to show you how I painted my wedding shoes.  Remember these little blue beauties?


I did plenty of research on where to purchase the crystals.  I finally decided to order from Love to Crystal because it came very highly recommended by other brides who have crystallized their shoes.  The prices are unbelievable.  I hope that does not mean that the product is lacking - I've never heard it is though, so fingers crossed!!

I used the size chart to help me determine what sizes I should buy. 

Swarovski Rhinestone Size Chart



These sizes on your screen are in no way the "true" size, but you get the idea.  The ss5 (farthest left) is actually about the size of a pinhead in "true" size.  I knew I wanted nothing over ss16 (which is a tad smaller than the picture) because I've researched that the smaller the crystals, the better the sparkle factor.  I know it will be a PITA for me to deal with, but whatever!  This is what I want!!
I also invested in some very specific tools.  I looked at local stores for these (so I could use coupons) but no one carried them. 
Magical Pick - a wax covered, pointy tool to help pick up the rhinestones.
Magical tray  - grooved to put rhinestones face-up
Pink glue syringe - for the little spots - one use only, so I bought a few. Perfect for use with E-6000 glue.

Then I bought various sizes of the Blue Zircon crystals. 

 I ordered:
So for all the crystals, tools, and shipping I spent a grand total of $66.00. I was shocked.  I hope that it's enough crystals!!  I can't wait till they get here and I can get started!!!!


Are you doing anything fun or adventurous with your shoes?  Did you go designer?  Or did you design your own?

Have a great weekend...I'm going to a verrrry special concert this weekend.  I'll tell you allll about it Monday. :-)

 
*(to speak in a very romantic way so your speech sounds like poetry)
** I've been wearing my shoes the entire time I've been writing this post.  You <3 me.  You know you do. 

4 comments:

Tiff For Tat said...

OMG Can't wait to see the shoes once they are finished!! Have a blast at the concert this weekend!! We are headed to the beach..I can't wait!

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

ahh i cant wait to see them finished. so great! i got some shoes with rhinestones from DB but it came with a couple missing :( i may use that site to buy some extras to glue on by myself!

Cathy said...

My BM bought me some I Do stone stickers and I love them, they'll look great on photos. That another job for MrWright.

Ms. Lemon Puppy said...

I love that you wore the shoes while you were writing. Can't wait to see the finished product!