Blogging my way through wedding planning, crafts, life and all the unexpected events in between.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No Good Title Here

Mr. ST and I are very happy together.  Duh.  We're engaged - you'd guess we must be happy together. 
                                                                 personal photo

We aren't getting married until 2012 - and the end of 2012 to boot.  I was a plannnnnning FREAK when we first got engaged. I immediately sat down with Mr. ST and a calendar and we began discussing dates.  I pushed for fall of 2011.  BUT since I had no job prospects and we just bought a house Mr.ST gently reminded me that 2011 would not work because our bank account was rather dry (stupid house - haha I kid, I kid house - love you).

 So I was momentarily crushed when I realized I would have to wait just a bit over two years for us to get married.  Howwwwwever, We are now at the 20-months-to-go-mark and I find myself feeling a bit overwhelmed about some of the DIY projects I plan on attempting. 

BUT the point of this whole post is to relish in the fact that I am, incandecently happy with Mr. ST.  It's the simple things: 
  • he makes me laugh.  After 6 years of being together, he still makes me laugh from the bottom of my belly. 
  • we work well together.  Chores are more my responsibility around the house because I don't work anywhere near as many hours, but we still do things together. 
  • We snuggle.  EVERY DAY.  We try to cuddle/snuggle together for at least a few minutes every single day. 
  • he seems honestly interested in my craft affair - he at least encourages me to make things for other people and to enter my crafts/things into contests and to sell them
  • we work on wedding related things together. At least once a week we try to iron out a few more details and work on our vision.
  • I stil love him.  LIKE CRAZY.  I look at him and still get butterflies.
  • I miss him when he works doubles/overnights.  I miss him for instance tonight.  I hate sleeping in the bed by myself. 
Well I've gushed enough.  I've smiled through most of this post too.  <3

4 comments:

Manda Mack said...

I love this post...fi took a whole box of old school Winni the Pooh Valentines and wrote a reason why he loved me on each of them and hid them around the house for Valentine's day. I almost died.

And seriously, having a guy that supports your craft affair is a must! Otherwise they would probably be like "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH ON PAPER!?!?!" hahahah

jacin {lovely little details} said...

great post!!

Marissa said...

How sweet! It's great to reflect on the simple things about Mr. ST that mean so much to you. Let them be a reminder if planning ever starts getting hectic. In the end, it's just about the two of you! :o)

GBR1980 said...

What a great post, this one made me smile! I also love the pic of the two of you in this post, you look so pretty and both look so happy!!

I am stressing about my DIY crafts too. I am doing them to make my special day more personal and hope I am not going overboard and in turn overwhelming myself.